Prices have been announced for the new 2021 Toyota Hilux, with the range-topping Invincible X edition priced at just £40,475.
The full breakdown of the prices and specs for the Invincible and Invincible X models can be shown in the table below. Prices for the Active and Icon models will be revealed nearer the on-sale date. Pre-sales reservations will open from 1st September, with the start of sales to begin in November.
|GRADE||ENGINE||TRANSMISSION||OTR PRICE||CV OTR PRICE|
The frontal design has been completely reworked to incorporate a powerful, three-dimensional treatment across the grille and bumper. A change that increases the vehicle’s road presence and reinforces its robust, go-anywhere credentials.
- Redesigned combination meter in the instrument cluster
- Centrally mounted eight-inch multimedia screen
- To improve functionality, the latter now uses buttons and dial controls and the software is faster to improve responsiveness.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Smart entry and push-button start, satellite navigation, automatic air conditioning.
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Nine-speaker JBL premium sound system with an 800W eight-channel amplifier and Clari-Fi technology
* Features will vary depending on model grade.
The existing 2.4-litre powertrain has now been joined by a more powerful 2.8-litre turbo diesel engine. This powertrain will be available with a choice of either six-speed manual or automatic transmission, and all UK versions will have all-wheel drive.
Provisional figures for this engine reveal a 201bhp output and 500Nm of torque, enough to despatch the dash to 62mph in ten seconds – approximately 3.2 seconds faster than the current 2.4-litre unit. Combined cycle fuel economy is predicted to be around 36.3mpg with CO2 emissions of 204g/km. (All figures are subject to change, pending final homologation).
The New Toyota Hilux offers enhanced comfort with improvements to suspension and power steering. The front and rear shock absorbers have been retuned for a smoother ride with less shock when driving over joints and holes in the road surface.
The one-tonne payload and 3.5-tonne towing capacity are delivered across all three body types: Single Cab, Extra Cab and Double Cab.