Join the Portadown Aftersales team
Shelbourne Motors is renowned for being one of the most progressive motor retailers in Northern Ireland. We like to look at things differently and strive to achieve our business objectives while maintaining the family ethos in the Shelbourne Motors foundations.
The purpose of the Aftersales Advisor role is to be the focal point for customer contact. They will organise customer service / repair & parts requirements and will strive for 100% customer satisfaction first time every time. The Aftersales Advisor will assist the Aftersales Manager in ensuring the efficient and profitable operation of service department. Daily tasks include:
- The welcoming of all customers at the Service desk with a warm and professional manner, qualifying their needs; agreeing service instructions and booking vehicle into the workshop;
- Responding to customer telephone queries relating to service repair and the booking in of their vehicles for the required work;
- Establishing the customers ‘drop off and collection’ requirements / arranging alternative transport where necessary;
- Provision of customer quotations;
- Reviewing vehicle and customer history to identify potential additional work requirements (such as recalls or items noted at last service);
- Ensuring all appropriate information is gathered from the customer within GDPR guidelines e.g. address, email address, telephone contact details etc. for marketing purposes;
- Data input into CDK system;
- Communicating customer requirements to workshop colleagues;
- Ensuring vehicle health checks are carried out on each vehicle;
- Ensuring thorough vehicle inspection with the customer before and after service work is carried out;
- Liaising with customers regarding additional work and obtains their authorisation to proceed;
- Responding to customer enquiries;
- Monitoring work progress to ensure the vehicle will be ready at the time agreed and making contact with the customer to confirm when their vehicle is ready for collection;
- Maintaining all customer records and job cards on a daily basis to ensure the accurate analysis of service activity;
- Handing over vehicle to the customer advising them fully of the work carried out and giving a full explanation of the invoice;
- The creation of invoices for work completed;
- The process of customer payment and completion of appropriate paperwork;
- Promoting the sale of service plans and additional products to customers;
- Carrying out campaign duties as and when required;
- Handling customer problems and complaints using the necessary skills and where possible resolving the issue to the mutual satisfaction of the customer and the business.
- Maximising the potential of up-sales if appropriate during service customer communications;
- Ensuring prompt customer follow up email / phone calls to maintain customer satisfaction and manufacturing standards as outlined in company policies.
- Carry out pre-calls with customers prior to customer service visit.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, have the ability to build rapport with customers, work as a team player and be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft packages. The successful candidate must have at least 12-months face-to-face customer handling experience within a retail setting. It is also essential for the successful candidate to have a valid clean driving licence as they will be required to move vehicles on and off site.
Preference will be given to those applicants with previous Service and or Parts Advisor experience in the automotive industry, working knowledge of CDK computerised system and a sales history.
As one of the fastest growing motor retailers in Northern Ireland we offer a competitive package for this role which will include but isn’t limited to;
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with long service)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Discount
- On-site Parking
If you have what it takes to join a pro-active professional company, and feel that you will be an asset to our company, we would like to hear from you.
Online: Upload your CV & submit below
Speak to us in confidence by calling HR Direct Line 028 3839 6800
CLOSING DATE: Applications must be submitted by 5.30pm on Friday 29th September 2023
Shelbourne Motors Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.